Friday, February 17, 2017

Recent Projects

Its been a while since I have had any new patterns to share, so I though I would share some of my recent projects that I did use patterns for.

Here is an afghan I worked on for about a year.  I joined the 2016 BAMCAL last February and that led me to the goodness that is ravelry.  I love being able to share my projects, ask questions and even help others occasionally.  I'm excited to start the next one, and I'm thinking I will make it with solid colored blocks randomly placed.

Testing patterns for other people has also been fun.  That led me to the Rav group HPKCHC.  It is a really fun way to motivate yourself to finish projects and also a great place to talk to others.

In Nov/Dec, I got hit by the hexipox.  I saw the Beekeepers quilt and had to have one.  The little puffs are also great as turn-ins for HPKCHC.  I've made 12 so far with hundreds to go, but Its not a priority for me, just a quick bit of knitting that I can take along to places.

The House Cup has also motivated me to finish some larger projects.  I have made 6 pairs of socks now, a Hitchhiker shawl and I'm working on another shawl with a lot more lace than I have attempted before.  


These two pair are probably my favorites that I have made.  The blue/grey stripey ones are Time Traveler socks, and the Grey are Blackrose socks.  There are pictures of the other ones on my projects page on Rav.  The best part is that all the patterns I used were free except for the FLK heel.
I did recently make a new thing though.  My mom wanted a towel topper, so I did a bit of research on how they are started, and then I figured out the rest myself.  I wrote down my process, so I might try and type it up sometime.  If there is any interest, I would be happy to put it here for free.  To see a picture, click the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment